Thursday, October 2, 2008

Caution: Do not let your husband around scissors



Well, once again I'm slacking on the whole blogging world but with that being said I was actually able to capture a few INTERESTING moments on camera. Life with 2 kids has been an easy adjustment but by the end of the day I am sooooo ready for Nick to be home. He is a wonderful help, he jumps right into the action when he gets home but as you can see by some of the following pictures, it's not always the way I would handle things........to say the least!!!

So the other night he says, "I'll give Payson a bath" I'm thinking, great I have tons to do. So as I'm in the kitchen cleaning up I hear Payson yelling for me to come see her, which I thought was weird because I knew Nick was in there watching her. As I walked into the bathroom, I couldn't believe me eyes!!!! HE CUT HER HAIR!!!!!! Yes, you read that right! My poor little girl who didn't have hair until she was nearly 2 years old, now is sporting a MULLET!!! I thought I was going to die or actually I thought I was going to kill him!! I couldn't even talk, yell, think, or look at him or her!! She was smiling from ear to ear, she loved every minute of her daddy cutting her hair but little did she know he made a full blown mullet out of her hair!!! Ok so right now your probably wondering why on earth he would attempt such an act, I asked the same question!! He said with a big smile on his face, " her bangs were always in her eyes and I wanted to TRIM them up a bit"!!! I about had a heart attack, not only did he think he just trimmed them, he cut them when they were wet, therefore when they dried they were EVEN SHORTER!!! It doesn't end there, he not only cut what he considered "bangs" he cut half way around her head and it's not even straight!! I still get sick to my stomach thinking about it and how now I will not only hide the scissors from my children but my husband too!!! Anyway, I got over it, were trying to move on with the situation, I threatend his life the next time he attempts such a thing to any of our little girls. I now have to use a whole bottle of hair spray just to keep her bangs swooped to the side. Life goes on, enjoy the photos!!




11 comments:

The Webbs said...

Jenny,
That story is too funny. She's still darling despite the haircut. Both of your kids are so cute. I hope your family is doing well.

Fawn Harris said...

I feel for you. Devin has never tried anything like that, But I have on my boys. Figured if I mess up then we could shave it. Yea BIK it. more like it. Thank goodness she is adorrable no matter how her hair it. But, guys just don't understand the way to do hair. Unless they are GAY> LOL.

Erica~Independent Scentsy Consultant said...

she is SO cute even with the hair cut - i can't imagine if Ken got ahold of the scissors..yikes!

Meghan White said...

I am so sorry, that sounds just like a husband! Thinking that they are doing good by giving a little trim then completly botching it. But she still looks cute!

Hilary and Adam said...

That is soo hilarious, I laughed for a while! Good thing she's really cute or it would be a lot worse. Your baby is so cute too! What a cute little family!

Madsen Updates said...

uh oh nick...big trouble!! she is still a cutie though

The Atkinson's said...

are ya kidding me?! Silly men. She's still cute even if shes got a mullet. :D

Camille said...

OH MY GOSH JENNY! That is so dang funny. I would have been ticked!! It is a really funny story though! I love how you have to say you will have to hide the sissors from your hubby too! Glad to hear the new little guy is so good. Gives me some hope that maybe it won't be TOO bad adjusting to two.

Stock Family said...

Oh man! I can't stop laughing!! I better talk to my husband to make sure he never does something like that. He should know better! Oh well, now he can't get mad at you if you ever paint Rigdon's toenails pink just so he doesn't feel left out :)

FISH FAMILY said...

OH THAT IS HILARIOUS. HUSBAND AND WIVES DEFINANTLY THINK DIFFERENTLY THAT IS THE JOY OF MARRIAGE, I GUESS. THAT IS SO FUNNY, I WOULD BE SO MAD TOO I CAN ONLY IMAGINE CAUSE OUR LITTLE RAYLEE HAS NO HAIR TOO. I AM GLAD LIFE WITH TWO KIDS IS GOING GREAT. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS SOMETIME.

Rebecca said...

Hi Jenny! It's Rebecca Nielsen - I found your blog through Nikki's. This story is hillarious! But I would kill Geoff too if he ever attempted anything like that - good thing we only have boys!